Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why Join a Church?

In connection with the previous couple of posts, I thought I would mention one other category of people, those who think that they don't need to join a church at all. "I can avoid all of the problems of dealing with other . . . people, sinners, by 'worshiping in my own way'." There is a growing number of people, especially with the advent of "internet churches," who just opt to not join a local church.
There are others who are convinced that official membership in a church has no biblical backing and so become permanent visitors to a local church.
For those brothers and sisters, and for others who may be considering this, or wondering how to interact with friends who think this way, let me offer a link to a great little article aptly titled, "Why Join a Church?" that addresses very briefly some of the biblical issues that point to the need for membership in a local church.

No comments:

Post a Comment