Friday, May 13, 2011

Well, here we are . . .

Welcome to our new blog. I plan for this to be a repository for a few different types of information:

  1. Extended answers to some of the "Voices of Faith" questions from the Record Searchlight.
    In answering the questions posed by the editors, we are limited to 150 words. Now, if you have ever done any writing, you know that 150 words is about the length of one good paragraph, and in trying to answer the questions in such a way as to give clear distinctions between the Christian view and the views of the myriad of other "faith communities" represented in the feature, it is hardly every enough. Though it does serve as an exercise in being concise.
    Here I won't have that restriction, so I will take the opportunity to give longer answers.
    (By the way that explanation I just gave was 114 words -- and I really didn't say much of anything, so you can see how restrictive 150 words is).

  2. Reflections or thoughts that I have on topics of interest to our church and to the Christian community at large.
    During the week, in addition to preparation for Sunday worship service, various Bible studies, meetings, administrative duties, visiting members and potential members, writing ads, and so on, I try to keep up on what is going on in God's world and in the church. I'll try to be consistent in sharing with you some of those things, and try to give a biblical perspective on them.

  3. Suggested further reading for you.
    As I read the books and magazine that I do, and as I wander through cyberspace during the week, and read blogs and stories from across the web, I will share some of them here. There are many good, Christian writers and bloggers out there, and I will try to pass some of their wisdom along to you. As well as steer you away from those that are wastes of time or downright dangerous to your spiritual health.

  4. Limited interactions with comments.
    Comments from members of my own church, Redding Reformed Fellowship will always be addressed either on the blog or in person. I am also happy to respond to honest questions or challenges to specific views I hold and present. I am especially happy to talk with people concerning Christ and their need for the forgiveness of sins that comes only through Him.
    However, I have neither the time nor the inclination to enter into the time-pits of continuing debates with those who seem to have time for nothing else.
So read and enjoy. "Follow" us, "Like" us, Subscribe to our RSS, do all of those things that today's social media would have you do to show support for us and to spread the word about Redding Reformed Fellowship and especially about Jesus Christ, the only hope for the world and the folks in it.

Pastor Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment